Websites For Newbies!
Learn how to create a stunningly beautiful Website using Squarespace 7, one of the world's most aesthetically pleasing web design platforms. Cut the middle man out, become self empowered and create the online business of your dreams. Upgrade your Skill Set and change your Mind Set.!
What You Will Learn:
In this course you will learn some of the many features Squarespace offers including:-
- How to create a beautiful, professional website by choosing one of many ready to use Templates.
- Understand how to Navigate or get around Squarespace.
- Editing content: banners, footers, text, images, and more
- Using Blocks: including the Summary, Form, Button, Map and Image Blocks.
- Using the Event Page.
- Creating and using Links.
- How to use the Style Editor to customise your design.
- Switching Templates.
- Upgrading your account.
- The importance of Online Presence.
- An introduction to the Newsletter Block. This feature will not be implemented fully as we need to connect it with Mailchimp or Google Docs. This is outside the scope of this course.
- An Introduction to Ecommerce and the Product Page (this feature will not be implemented fully as we will not be connecting to a payment processor).
- Overview of Settings.
- Introduction to Analytics, a set of powerful tools that give you insight into how you sight is performing.
By the end of this course you will have mastered the basic features of Squarespace. You will have a beautiful template, ready to use, where you can upload your own images and text. You will know how to customise your website to express your own personality and style and you will be much more confident using the technology!
What You Need
- Basic Computer Skills, Copy & Paste, Point & Click, Drag & Drop.
- Access to a computer and the Internet.
- Sign Up to Squarespace for a Free 14 Day Demo Account (No Visa required). Squarespace will allow you to extend your trial period.
- A commitment and desire to get Online and take your business to the next level!
- On completion Upgrade to a paid Squarespace Account - You Decide
COMING SOON - WEBSITES FOR NEWBIES BUILDING BLOCKS
Websites For Newbies Building Blocks are a series of short courses focusing on specific features that will help you move forward in your business:
Building Block - How to integrate Squarespace with Mailchimp
MailChimp is an email marketing software which provides all you need to create an effective email marketing campaign. You can also save your customer details to Mailchimp so you can build your email list and communicate with your clients.
- Sign Up for a Free Mailchimp Account
- Integrate MailChimp with Squarespace.
- Create a MailChimp List
- Design a basic email campaign
Building Block - Blog Pages
A Blog Page is an informal, frequently updated page, which gives you the opportunity to share your interests, thoughts and passions.
In this Building Block you will learn how to:
- Create, publish and manage your Blog Page
- Create Tags & Categories
- Create Excepts
- Use the Summary Block to display details